Your Dog's License
The benefits to you and the citizens of Klamath County
- When your dog is wearing it's license it can be identified and returned to you as soon as possible.
- The purpose and priorities of Klamath County Dog Control is to protect the health, safety and welfare of people and their pets. Providing Education on the animal welfare laws, and the enforcement of those laws and to protect people and animals from harm.
- The cost of a dog license is only pennies a day. When you buy a license you are funding your department, license fees are the only resources this department receives. The services could be improved by greater participation of dog owners purchasing a license. One third to one half of all dogs in Klamath County are not licensed.
- The funding provided by dog license fee enables the department to enforce laws, both violations and criminal in Klamath County. This includes investigations into neglect and abuse, rescue situations, lost and found dogs, nuisance dog issues, dog bite investigations and other related incidents.
- The department funds are used for the expenses of payroll, office space, animal shelter contract, vehicles and expenses, and veterinary bills for emergency care.
- Related responsibilities included assisting law enforcement agencies with investigations, controlling and/or containing animals during searches, arrests, motor vehicle accidents and other emergency situations. Sharing education and knowledge in groups and individual basis.
- For more information all 541-882-1279 or email firstname.lastname@example.org